Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 20:44   #77
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I wasn't saying that. I was just pointing out that saying immigration is your #1 concern and that you should vote for whatever party has a platform that conforms best with your ideas on this concern is having a dangerously narrow conception of the voting process.
Its not a narrow conception of the voting process, when we look at how the majority of people have come to the conclusion of who to vote for:
1. Countrys screwed up due to recession
2. Labour is in control
3. Its all Labours fault.
4. Its all gordons fault, not blairs, not anyone before him.. just Gordon, so he should step down now.

I'd say thats a pretty bad conception

Quote:
I think if you're going to vote for the BNP in a general election you should bear in mind how their policies are likely to pan out once they are in power, whether or not they're the sort of party that should be in power and such. I highly doubt they'd turn the country into a slaughterhouse in a few years (although that would be pretty funny) but in the long-term I doubt the United Kingdom would find itself progressing as a nation-state under the leadership of the BNP. This would be a fairly extensive digression to begin on but I would advise reading up fully on their policies and the history of their party and their more prominent members.
They dont need to be kept in power for the long-term? Surely if Labour and Conservatives saw that closing immigration was a huge issue, they'd suddenly agree that it needed to be closed

Quote:
Certainly all people have a right to be listened to, I don't think anyone has proposed the BNP should be banned, or that people who vote for the BNP should be stripped of their vote. The closest anyone's come there is crab's suggestion that people voting for the BNP are being effectively hoodwinked by them.
I read somewhere that politicians snubbed some BNP MP which got elected when he stood up to do his victory speech.. Will try and find the link out in a sec.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote