View Single Post
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 13:25   #46
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: []LCH[] Announcement

LCH's problem is, in my opinion, a short-termist view of politics.

This round, they attacked 1up before there was any obvious need to do so. They could have waited and let someone else attack 1up first. Or they could have allowed 1up to take a clear lead, forcing everyone else to gang up and take 1up down.

By putting 1up under enough pressure to keep their lead down, but not enough pressure to defeat them, LCH ended up helping 1up. Also, by blocking (or appearing to block) with Insomnia and Hydra, they created a scenario in which 1up could also make NAPs.

LCH were certainly unlucky in their choice of allies - Hydra and Insomnia both imploded, whilst 1up's NAP with Reunion proved more valuable than it initially appeared. But I think this just proves the point: LCH made their decisions too early and were left unable to respond to the changed circumstances later in the round.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote