View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 11:36   #6
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Council strike, inflation and living cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball View Post
They should get over it. The same is happening to much of the private sector, who on top of that have to worry about redundancies and 'down-sizing'. The public sector is a cushy place to work in and Labour have turned it (in particular local government) into a gravy train for those not good enough to get to managerial level in the private sector.

Of course there are exceptions and some areas of the public sector are underpaid in comparison to others that are overpaid. However, the public sector has seen a huge rise in pay under Labour with no trade-off in terms of reduced job security. In fact, they've never had it so good.
Do people in the private sector really take paycuts?
Isnt getting 2.45% wage rise when inflation is above 3% a pay cut?
How much have public sector employees gotten under Labour? (but are council employes not under the councils, and not under the state, and so does really Labour holds any power/influence on the setting on wages?)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote