View Single Post
Unread 16 Jan 2008, 22:01   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Bookish? Inquisitive? Snobbish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
I don't care whether you're ashamed, mildy disgusted, or merely peeved; the fact that you feel the need to inform me of your distaste for an argument that wasn't even presented in the first place is frankly baffling.
"Dawkins considers that all faith is blind faith, and that Christian and Muslim children are brought up to believe unquestioningly. Not even the dim-witted clerics who knocked me about at grammar school thought that. For mainstream Christianity, reason, argument and honest doubt have always played an integral role in belief. (Where, given that he invites us at one point to question everything, is Dawkins’s own critique of science, objectivity, liberalism, atheism and the like?)"

Quote:
It's absurd to write a book masquerading as a critique of a belief, or systems of belief, if you do not feel able to empathise with or understand the believers themselves.
No, it isn't. In the end, things always come down to the "Even if god exists, why is your religion right and all the other ones wrong?" thing, even if it is a little trite. How much do you know about the gods of some obscure amazonian tribe? What's wrong with the norse gods? Just because something is popular doesn't mean it necessarily deserves more.

Anyway,

Quote:
Nevertheless, and on-topic, yours would be one of the libraries I'd be most curious to see.
Working on it, it will take some time.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote