View Single Post
Unread 16 Jan 2008, 15:25   #4
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Bookish? Inquisitive? Snobbish?

No, it's supposed to be a catalogue of the books you own. Obviously I've no idea whether people make it up, but I haven't.

It's more interesting than I let on, perhaps; there's a function called 'zeitgeist' which allows you to view top authors/books (and there are well over 22 million books on there), along with top rated books, most reviewed books etc, libraries with the most books (there are people with over 15,000). It also allows users to 'tag' (in exactly the same way many bloggers tag their posts) their books which ought to be enough to satisfy the most obsessive hoarder. It automatically compares your library with other users' and shows you which users you share the most books with, which is very interesting.
It took me ages to find the right front cover for all my books (sad), but that's another interesting function. There's a forum that I've not explored, a reviewing function and book groups. It's also possible to put a librarything widget on your blog that shows a random selection of the books in your library. It's a good and even semi-useful way to waste time.