View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 18:42   #9
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Rape sentence too 'lenient'

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Maybe he felt that raping a child was worse than raping someone of consentual age, not really sure as I was a bit confused by that. I was just going by the fact it said

"Oxford Crown Court heard that Fenn removed her clothes and raped her, while an accomplice, Darren Wright, 34, took her home and sexually assaulted her."

which I suppose could just be statutory rape.

The part i was referring to was:

"Judge Hall said in sentencing he faced a moral dilemma as the fact they had sex within 45 minutes of meeting was an absolute crime.

But he said the girl had dressed provocatively and looked as though she was 16."

It looks like the origianl article was updated, and it was indeed statutory rape.