View Single Post
Unread 26 May 2008, 22:16   #20
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Economic Efficiency

I'd like to add to my rant that you can't preserve what isn't yours. If you want to save a rainforest, for example. Then you'll either have to buy it or convince the owners (financially) not to destroy them. It all depends on how much their worth for you and for them. You can't decide that others should preserve their property on the basis that you like the idea of having it around.

And ASG, you should see money as a (universal) tool to measure value. If we wouldn't use money then we would still compare the value of things, only in less convenient and accurate ways. If people would stop believing in money, or whatever you want to call it, then oil would be worth more and money less. If people stopped believing in oil, then money would be worth more and oil less.

Last edited by Alessio; 26 May 2008 at 22:27.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote