View Single Post
Unread 15 Mar 2023, 11:44   #2
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Re: Improve cov ops and scanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
So I played r100 for a one off and one thing that annoyed me was cov ops and scanners. It's become more of a token feature where a few obsessives use it to get as many cov ops / quests as possible without ever having more than a cursory impact on the game. Scanners also get precious little reward for a lot of effort.

What I think would be good would be to have some extra cov op researches that you can only use once you've got to the end of the scan and cov op tech trees. Some ideas would be:

- bring back hotwire cov op to steal ships
- EMP storm to temporarily make dists useless / less effective
- a disrupt ETA cov op to knock back live fleets by ETA 1 and cause chaos with teamups or give you time to get defence

My view is putting them this far down the tech tree would make them impractical to abuse, but give scanners/cov oppers the opportunity to have more impact.

I definitely don’t like the idea of a cov op effecting dist. Considering dist have already been nerfed that they’re almost a inviable Strat now. At least scanning helps your alliance for whole round.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote