Thread: The Dole
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 10:53   #133
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Dole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Inequality is what makes us individuals.
It really isn't. Saying that we are equal is not the same as saying we are identical. Inequality only exists when value judgements are made. I am non-identical to all humans as soon as I am born. I am only unequal in the context of a social system. Man is born equal, he is made unequal by the tyranny of social arrangements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
Realistically speaking, how would you propose dealing with property?
I very much doubt there is a single satisfactory answer since ideal solutions will vary from case to case. I would start with the moral precept that the world belongs to all humans. How we administer it really depends. A persons home should be basically entirely private (there are exceptions, as is already the case) but a town square should probably belong (and be administered) by the whole town. The pacific ocean or the rainforests are probably more generally the property of the whole world and administration would have some international dimension.

The point of contention really is the starting point - the world does not belong to a small cadre of individuals, regardless of how noble or valiant they (or more usually, their ancestors) are or were.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote