Thread: Alliance Size
View Single Post
Unread 28 Feb 2012, 15:01   #10
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
honestly cant see how reducing the tag size is going to make any difference as Allys will just split their members between 2 tags so unless they stop napped tags defending each other it would be pointless ,at this stage the game dead and we are just too stubborn to admit it so slap a do not resuscitate sign on it and let it die
this is really already more of a sport for me.. do they get it, or not..

neways.. I dont know how others that approve this think, but my idea is the following:

1) making 40 man tags = smaller and more important def/att pool in the tag.. atm u have up to 80 planets, which kinda makes it impossible for a 40 man tag to compete for top spots.. it is theoreticly possible i suppose, but there aint that many hardcore players left nemore that wanna do this.. hence point 1 - make different tags more competitive, at least in theory (this also means that yes, napped tags can not def each other; there could be other multiple ways to encourage alliances between tags).. its about making the tag size appropriate for the state of this game

2) let them do 2 tags, let them run 2 tags, let them do whatever they want concerning the number of tags one group of players could have.. they wont be able to def each other tho, unless they combine the gals with their 5 man bps.. i want to remind u that this is something to make it possible for small, but serious tags to go for a win.. make things more diverse..

atm u got 1-2, sometimes briefly even 3 alliances, who got whats needed to go for top ranks.. top 1 alliance naps one of the shittier ones and the rest try to do whts possible to take that big #1 down with a gangbang.. usually those 2 "blocks" consist of same allies as well, which makes it even more dull..

now try to think with me.. if there was apprime, dlr, ultores, ct, nd, fang, xvx, tgv, tof, kenny all able to go for #1, without poaching each other`s members preround to fill a tag.. dont u think the overall politics wouldnt be more diverse? dont u think that the sides wouldnt be so clear anymore? dont u think u might get more fun from this?

i didnt even include the new possible alliances that might form from the reduction of the tags and ppl that will not be able to just idle around nemore in some tag..

3) the officer problem.. new alliances need officers, hc`s and so on to be able to work.. yes, all the alliances need some ppl to turn the wheels and that cant prolly be avoided.. however, im pretty sure that there are ppl that are willing to do this.. there are lots of ppl atm that have been HCing and alliance or 2 in the past and just idling around in some other place right now..

this can be due to a) they cba with this shit in a dieing game nemore OR b) its mighty hard to do something to compete for even top 5 places in planetarion these days, unless u get a full tag.. where do u get a full tag tho if the playerbase is so little?

this leads me to a thought, that there will be ppl running new things.. they might occasionally not be as good as the ppl are in the top alliances today, but its something that changes with time, they learn, whatever..

------------

the thing that bothers me the most atm, is that everything is standing in 1 place atm.. and if we talk about tag sizes, then it hurts that other ppl dont get it that pa cant support that big tags nemore..

this leads to another question as well.. do we need the tags ingame at all? maybe its more reasonable to go for no alliance gameplay instead.. in the end tho i think that alliances ingame should stay, but gettin the galranks and importance bigger than it is atm, should also be encouraged.. which in the end, again gives more diversity to the gameplay overall..