View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2013, 11:50   #50
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: My 2 cents about the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
since it has been made clear to me it will not find it's way back to my hands
This is a very concerning statement, not because of what it says particularly, but because of the attitude it shows from whoever is currently controlling PA (and as Jagex have decided to offload it, that suggests tto me that PA Team are having a large amount of input here).

The statement shows one of the the two following attiitudes:
1. PAs controllers are small-minded, juvenile people who refuse to let the game return to it's original creator out of bitterness and spite for some unknown reason.

2. PAs controllers are obsessive control freaks and clinging desperately onto control of the game and for reasons of personal glory/power/obsession, are unwilling to let go and allow somebody else to take control.

There can be no reason for making that point to Spinner that has either the good of the game or the good of the community at heart. Now I am not saying that going back to Spinner necessarily is the right thing to do, however as he has past history and understanding as well as a willingness to get involved again, there can be no (legitimate) excuse for not at least considering his proposals. That statement above suggests no such thing is happening which is a very sad, disappointing and petty state of affairs.

My suspicion is that after years of PA being tied up by other people, Lunar_Lamp is now desperate to take it himself and control it, but I would urge him (or whoever decides these things if my suspicion is incorrect) to stop for a while and have a good and proper think about what is best for the game and the community, maybe with some consultation involved, because I can say from my experience since returning, PA is dead in the water once Spinner's new game does come out unless something drastic happens; many of the players still playing have told me they will leave as soon as it starts. At this point in its life, PA needs somebody to actually think about what is best for PA rather than base their decisions on personal desires and emotions.

My short post just turned into quite a long one :-(