Thread: Update
View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 13:54   #48
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post

The game is not currently in a perfect state for new users, however I am considering paying someone for writing a good new player guide (please msg me if you are interested in doing it). Also the easier-to-use com unit should help new players interact with existing players.

Pete
Paying people to work on PA would be good, but I'm now sure a new player guide is the way forward. People generally don't read manuals and guides, what we need is for any help and assistance to be built into the game. As an example improving the descriptions a the bottom of each page would help - and perhaps making that content more dynamic. For example on the production page it would be helpful if the page could give me advice on what ships I should build to improve my attacking capability.

As a new player I would want all the information I need to do ok to be available easily from within the game.

Quote:
The advantage of this is also that I am trying to target people who would be willing to invest a lot of time in the game, since this is not a game that you can play lightly. (i.e. try to target slightly obsessive people )
Another thing to consider, is looking at the alliance rankings, there are probably only 3-400 hard core players left. I'm assuming there are a fair few more paid accounts than this, so trying to recruit hardcore players may not be the best route to grow the game.

As an example, I would class myself as someone that used to be a hardcore player. Now I can no longer reliably use irc or logon at attack target picking times. If the game was designed so that everything (communication, the actual game, alliance attacks, etc.) could all easily be done through a browser then people in a similar position to me would find it much easier to play.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote