View Single Post
Unread 27 Feb 2009, 20:08   #10
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Obama Budget $3.55 Trillion

The point of the thread is that I am afraid that my country is on a ruinous course. Is this a new concern of mine? No. The warning signs were there during the last Bush term.

However, the current trend in the course of the country is more percipitous now. The virtual loss of the two party system for at least the next 2 years is rife for abuse.

Obama is adored and the Democrats have a stranglehold on government that the Republicans last enjoyed from 1921-1922. Sadly, when there is a group which has this kind of power, they don't have to listen to the other side and thus moderation is lost.

The Obama administration is receiving very little critical scrutiny other than in the right-wing-talk-show sector. This is not the sort of meaningful scrutiny that is likely to temper the decision making process.

Bush, in order to pursue his wars, had to yield on many domestic and economic fronts in order to gain enough Democratic support to fund the wars.

The prime reason that the Democrats acquiesced in many of the war votes was not just out of fear of public opinion but because they bartered their votes for concessions on budgetary and regulatory measures.

In 2005, Bush and the Republicans wanted to reform the regulatory scheme on financial institutions. A prime target of this was Fanny Mae which was a major player in the collapse of the real estate bubble (and its creation as well). The Democrats killed these attempts.

When the Democrats want to do something, good or bad, now, they can almost ignore the Republicans. They can enact whatever they wish.

I hope that I am wrong. If I am not, it is your generation which will reap the whirlwind.