View Single Post
Unread 3 Apr 2008, 19:31   #27
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz
(i'm so jealous - let us know your plans! hehe)....
The countries I will be going to are, in order:

Ecuador
Peru
Bolivia
Paraguay
Brazil
Argentina
Possibly Uruguay
Chile
New Zealand
Australia
China
Vietnam
Cambodia
Thailand
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz
Another option would be to tell your current employer and if things go bad walk straight out of that office into a temping agency and say "I'll do anything for the next X months, i don't care i need the money". I have said that and i did a quick "keyboard test" and started temping within days. It was data entry but still it was money and it's not like you will be making a long term career out of it anyway.

That way you have solved your money (although maybe slightly less) and solved your ethical dilema by giving them months of notice.
I have a good relationship with a couple of temp agencies in my area (I have worked for them before) but there is always the chance that they wouldn't find me anything for a while. Every day not working would be a day not earning. Also the money would most likely be quite a lot less than what I'm earning now. So temping really would not be a good move at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Are you sure your boss can fire you, if you tell? I don't the the british rules for such, but over here in Norway you could sue him to death if he did.
If he worded it as "He told me that he was going to quit soon anyway so I sacked him before he jumped" then yes, I could sue him to death, even here in Britain. He could make me redundant though , citing the fact that there are too many people in my department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
So you don't actually work with an real foods then?
I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you're asking if I actually touch the food then no, I don't. I leave that to the peasants.

I spoke to my boss today, and he said that he can hold off til the middle or possibly the end of May. So I told him not to make any decision before consulting me first and that we should talk about it at the end of this month, So I guess I now have a deadline to make up my mind about what to say.

Another thing, we have a new Factory Manager (my boss's boss) who I haven't met yet. So if I tell my boss what my plans are he might tell the Factory Manager. I don't know what he'd have to say about the whole thing. I will have to talk to him at some point before the end of the month to try to see what he's like.