View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2009, 17:22   #135
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Congrats Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I don't view support planets as cheating, on the proviso they are legitimate within the multiing/login sharing rules. Do I endorse support planets? Absolutely.
Something I did say in a different thread... not all support planets are multis however all multis seems to be support planets.
Shame that the Multis are spoiling the game for the genuine players especially ones that dont even send or receive def outside of ally/gal. aka entirely innocent.

Quote:
Given that rounds are lost and won on levels of crashing, and you don't know whether to recall with or without a scan, I'd say scans are quite important.
As I said scanner dont hit the launch/recall buttons. The individual does.
Scanners only provide infomation and dont help/hinder the actual battle.
I do notice that there is a scan channel called #Scans however I dont seem to see a channel that offers out of def fleets .

Quote:
I wouldn't see a problem if you wanted to help Wish and recalled.
As I pointed out in a earlier post a multi support planet will recall to prevent taking cap for the main planet. A genuine player will still want his/her cut of the roids... Thus a self serving motive.

Quote:
Alliances defending each other is politics. Having planets out of tag is just organisation.
The only problem is that it is hard to determine if a support planet is genuine or a multi.

Quote:
Clearly having a different view to mz on a technical issue invalidates everything I say.
Quote:
There is no apathy against cheating. People want multis and vncs caught.
Mz comment was an example of the mentioned apathy. You clearly said there Was no apathy... Any Questions?
I Hope Mz had retracted this realising the error of that comment.

Quote:
The cost would be destroying an element of politics, and I don't think stopping a couple of VNC planets is worth that price.
A couple of VNC support planets? I think you underestimate the scale of it.
You are ofc entitled to your opinion on political strategy.

Quote:
If you've got some people who want to play and help you out sure. Or you could make political agreements, launch just before ticks to prevent ETA +1 defence, or use prelaunching to your advantage.
Personally I would prefer them to play intag and give it a good go.

Quote:
What? If you're saying they're of equal stature to Apprime or Ascendancy, that would be untrue. Given that they are a smaller alliance by many levels means it's quite easy for them to be perceived as having a peripheral role, because that's what they are by the nature of things.
Ofc Vsn dont have the calibre to be on a par with asc/app.
They did however played their parts on the App/Asc/P3ng/Vsn block. Much to their own costs. P3ng near enough buckled. Vsn didn't gain much from the war probily would have been better off staying out of it.
They sure didnt get an equal deal out of the block no arguments there.

Quote:
My point is simply that the most successful alliance in this game has been able to win without using VNC or login sharing or whatever. Quality is the deciding factor, not VNC. Thus it is not something to worry about.
VNC is relatively undetectable to the MHs... it is hard to independently determine if this has been the case or not. But I am not going to throw wild accusations. Nor can be arsed to Infiltrate Asc (ironically by VNC) and do a Planetarion style panorama thread if there was.

Would be interesting to have a round where out of tag def was banned via hard coding as a cross comparison.I cant be arsed with that pandora's box. I just want my BS/CR fleets back free from defense from multing support / defense planets without consequence if the def fleet is on a 1 way trip or not. Faking non xan fi/co is somewhat difficult. Thus restricting my game more than the ability to send/receive out of tag defense from my point of view.

Quote:
They won because of political choices and their own admirable resilience. VNC support planets are such a staggeringly minor influence on the outcome of any recent round, it's just not worth butchering elements of metagame and military strategy to achieve their elimination. As Wishmaster puts it:
VNC is a tool to get around getting caught Multing aka avoiding detection from the MHs.
Wether a Multis choice is to use proxis/exclusive PCs with Internet more than VNC is here nor there.

Ship/salvage farming is more of a motive/means to cheat.... VNC/proxies are a tool of doing the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Firstly, my opinions on PA do not influence how I moderate the forums. Secondly, you are not Appocomaster, you do not decide what conditions I have to subject myself to in order to recieve my roundly credit.
I did not say that your comments affect your ability to Mod ... what I did say that the PA community has a certain expectation(s) on how a Person holding a position of authority should conduct themselves. Heed or ignore this is ofc your choice.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 26 Dec 2009 at 19:32. Reason: quote fix
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote