View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2009, 15:00   #132
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congrats Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Only idiots Who seem to be apathetic towards / endorse cheating.
I don't view support planets as cheating, on the proviso they are legitimate within the multiing/login sharing rules. Do I endorse support planets? Absolutely.

Quote:
You get the scans from the planets in question.... but the scanners dont press the launch/recall buttons for you. (unless they have VNC/proxi access) Ultimately the attacker and defense that decides the outcome of the battle. The scanner role is merely supplimentry.
Given that rounds are lost and won on levels of crashing, and you don't know whether to recall with or without a scan, I'd say scans are quite important.

Quote:
This round for example... sure I went on a few joint attacks with Wish this round ... but I still wanted my share of the roids... No way I was recalling.
I wouldn't see a problem if you wanted to help Wish and recalled.

Quote:
Cripple the game play for whom? Its not something that would have an effect for myself not as if I will go and get a VNC support planet and send out of tag defense. if anything it would likely enchance the gameplay for others... especially the new players that PA crave for so much.
Alliances defending each other is politics. Having planets out of tag is just organisation.

Quote:
Not according to your fellow Mod/Mate Mz.
Clearly having a different view to mz on a technical issue invalidates everything I say.

Quote:
Exactly my point... In the mean time banning interalliance defense would not be as bad as having inter alliance agreements.
The cost would be destroying an element of politics, and I don't think stopping a couple of VNC planets is worth that price.

Quote:
Are you saying to get my own support planets?
If you've got some people who want to play and help you out sure. Or you could make political agreements, launch just before ticks to prevent ETA +1 defence, or use prelaunching to your advantage.

Quote:
Thats gratitute for you VSN. I would hate to be P3ngiuns HC for your responce on their contribution.
What? If you're saying they're of equal stature to Apprime or Ascendancy, that would be untrue. Given that they are a smaller alliance by many levels means it's quite easy for them to be perceived as having a peripheral role, because that's what they are by the nature of things.

Quote:
I am sure you must be proud.
My point is simply that the most successful alliance in this game has been able to win without using VNC or login sharing or whatever. Quality is the deciding factor, not VNC. Thus it is not something to worry about.

Quote:
Didnt apprime win this round? I'll let cardi and co previous history speak for itself.

Limiting VNC support planets options is no skin off my nose.
They won because of political choices and their own admirable resilience. VNC support planets are such a staggeringly minor influence on the outcome of any recent round, it's just not worth butchering elements of metagame and military strategy to achieve their elimination. As Wishmaster puts it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
That being said, with better mobile phones and overall better coverage for wireless inet and suvch, the need for VNCing is getting smaller and smaller for each round. I dont understand why its really being mentioned as a problem at all.
VNCing is NOT a big problem in planetarion. Shipfarming, shipdonations farming and mulities are.