Thread: r29 shipstats
View Single Post
Unread 23 Nov 2008, 11:38   #231
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: r29 shipstats

memtok you are thinking about this too much from the perspective of alliances, there are many ppl who rely on ingal defence for which your views on harpys have no relevence... I had already delt with precicely the objection you brought up. A player cant go basing his fleet around what his alliance 'might' send him, as the chances are that some of the time the alliance would fail, I would much rather have the chance of fighting on my own than always having to rely on my alliance to dig me out, we are not all defleaches!!

and btw in my peg calc I would stand, the terran salvage bonus means that the defender would barely lose overall.

my links were just trying to show in a simplistic way that the peg is probably a better ship, I will admit that my calc was unrealistic and should have have scaled the fleets up into the harpy one having two thirds of his fleet in wyverns/dragons and the peg one having two thirds in gryphons and drakes... but that would have made it much better for the peg in the calc! - indeed when this is done add in your 55k vipers into the attacker on the pegs and it still comes out better than the harpys vs the xan

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 23 Nov 2008 at 11:48.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote