View Single Post
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 13:56   #37
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: Zik Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
i disagree. xan are more cloaked now than they ever were. when they were cloaked old-style (0 ships on overview and gal status), mil scan was available quite soon anyway, so the whole cloaking feature had nearly no effect at all. with the current system, it's impossible to see what ships they sent through the entire round, which IS effective (/me remembers with joy the several occasions of dreadnought ingal def against his bomber/bolt/sabre fleet)
Untrue. I don't recall which round it was, but at a certain point you couldn't see the orders of the fleets in a milscan. So by having the same amouth of pods in fleet 1 and fleet 2 (old style) you could have 1500 ships incoming, which could be 1500 pods OR 1500 pods + immense fleet. That was even more powerfull than the lack of fleetscan in PaX on xan, since you then see at least the actual number of ships incoming.

back on topic:
With pure statschanges this problem of red defence is about impossible to solve. I agree with what's been said before. Making subbed ships fire last makes it useless, I also agree that subbed ships dieing could be the solution, without removing the unique quality of zik (which I don't like btw, bring back stealing )
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though