View Single Post
Unread 20 Sep 2017, 12:59   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 74 shipstat suggestions

Alright, here it is. I've only looked at solo fleets. Teamups are for other people to worry about.

Ter De looks bad. Most fleets roid it, and it's the worst offensive fleet in the game.

Ter Bs looks on the strong side: it's solid offensively and strong defensively.

All Cat fleets look middle-of-the-road. However, my scoring is slightly distorted by the fact that they're vulnerable to everything that's out there and roids almost everything that's out there in return. Because in reality, defense is more important than attack, I wouldn't mind seeing some small buffs here and there. Cat has the option of getting dual attack fleets with Co and Fr, and going strictly by the numbers, that is slightly better than going either pure Co or pure Fr. However, since EMP fakes are not very scary, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

Despite Kaiba's fear of Xan ruling supreme, my calculations put both of their fleets at the bottom. They roid very little (only the De fleets roid less), and are vulnerable to a sizable chunk of fleets (only Ter De and Cat are worse). Note that I have not taken into account the fact that Cloak allows far better faking than other races have. Still, I would like to see some buffs here.

One thing I really like about Xan Fi is it has the option to guard against either Ter Bs with the Shadow or against Zik Bs with the Nightmare. That's a self-balancing mechanism: if Ter Bs becomes too strong, players will choose to build Shadows to hold them down, and vice versa.

Zik Fi looks weakish. Both offensively and defensively it's a bit below average.

Zik Bs looks really strong. Whereas Ter Bs is merely strong offensively, Zik Bs is positively overpowered: it roids everything except Xans with Nightmares. It's also immune to as many fleets as Ter Bs is. Zik can also go Fi/Bs, and that fleet roids everything including Xan Fi, though in return is vulnerable to Cat Fr (due to the Viper being able to cover the smaller Bs fleet), which pure Bs isn't.

Etd has a ton of options. There's the 3 pure fleets, but Co/Cr and De/Cr are also viable. Pure De looks bad. It's in the same boat as Ter De is: somewhat weak defensively and very weak offensively.

Etd Cr and De/Cr both look solid, largely thanks to the influence of Cr. Not too strong, not too weak. If all fleets looked like this, I'd be a happy man.

Etd Co is stronger than both De and Cr, and Co/Cr is stronger still. They're not as strong defensively as the Bs fleets, but roid just as well.

I'd say all the complaining about Zik has led you to overcompensate significantly, especially in the Bs department. Look into turning some (though definitely not all) of those buffs back. I'm not too worried about Zik Fi. It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I don't think it has to be.

Both De fleets are weak and I think that's one of the main issues with these stats. I'd look into nerfing some of the stronger fleets by making them vulnerable to De. Etd Co and the Bs fleets come to mind. It's unfortunate Bs doesn't fire at De, that would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone. Now you'll have to go through 2 steps: make De stronger by making it better against some middle of the road fleet like Cat or Etd Cr, and then compensate for that nerf to Cr by making it better against Bs. Annoying, but what can you do.

As for Xan, they're the weakest race of all, and my first suspect is the load of un-Xanlike inits that I'm seeing. Since Fi fires at Co and Fr fires at Bs, both of which are strong, I'd look into improving both fleets offensively. You could help them defensively instead, but I wouldn't really know how to without hurting fleets that are not currently overpowered. Xan's strength has always been attack more than defense, anyway, so that seems to me the best place to improve them.

Cat's minor weakness can probably be fixed with effs alone. Tweaking it so they're immune to just a couple of fleets would probably do the trick.

All in all, I don't think these are quite ready for prime time. I don't doubt they can be fixed, but it'll take a significant amount of work.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote