View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 23:36   #165
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice
Re: Alliance Size for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Rock/xVx: training alliances, even when they have the membercount they should avoid politics. I still firmly believe that Rock getting involved in the Denial war caused the disbandment as newbs just cant take the punishment of war.
Training - hehe
Not that I think we played a huge political role or ever will. Calling a 10 man tag training alliance is silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I just dont see where this extra competition is going to come from? We'll still have the same number of 'active' alliances and the casual alliances while being even on members, cant compete as they could get overwelmed so easily. The rounds dont get stagnate due to member counts, they get stagnated when politics goes wrong or wars end too quickly with the winning block refusing to turn on each other. which no matter the tag size, will still happen.
I do believe that it will be the usual suspects winning rounds, as they will have most active members regardless of tag size and most experienced HCs to steer politics in the right way.
The increased competition is more in the way that the political landscape gets more diverse. Since the distribution of active players and therefor available fleets would be inevitably evened out with smaller tags, more alliances can play a substantial role and we might even see situation with 3 different blocks competing.
In any way it would be much more difficult to win wars early as relevant counter-blocks can be formed more easily.