View Single Post
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 23:05   #26
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: small specific things people do that completely define who they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
s|k, I have a better knowledge than most of racism and discrimination, whether it's of blacks, asians or any other minority. I am fully aware of the oppression that has occurred throughout the last few centuries.

However, I think you're having a knee-jerk reaction to a fairly harmless description. I realise that we must be careful of slipping back into what for simplicity I'll describe as the 'old ways', but I see no intention to do so here.

s|k, you seem to want to give particular preference to one discriminated group as opposed to another. I've never seen you complain when the British posters moan about the 'chav scum' - the underclass of our country. There's been plenty of nasty things written about them. But as soon as you bring ethnicity into things, we must suddenly dive under the banner of political correctness.

An English comedienne who is a Muslim started her act a few months after 9/11 with the line "My name is Shazia Mirza. At least, that's what it says on my pilot's licence". Aside from the tragedy that was 9/11, was she being racist (for the lack of a better word) against Muslims for doing so? You suggest that she is.

I think you have good intentions, s|k, but they're unwarrented here.
I'm sorry you're so completely ignorant, I am. I wish there was cure for it that didn't require self-motivation, I really do.