View Single Post
Unread 17 Oct 2008, 13:27   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Possibly of interest...

Actually, thinking about it, my suggestion might not be as good as I originally thought it was.

The problem is this: the ships that I've stolen at init X during tick Y are immune to enemy fire at init X+1 (and up) during tick Y.

Let's use a real world example:

10k Wyvern and 100k Buccaneer vs 20k Pirate

Click "Detail Log" to see what I mean. The Pirate steal 10k Wyvern at init 20, but the 100k Buccaneer do not steal back those 10k Wyvern. They just steal Pirates. This is because the Wyvern are stored elsewhere while the battle takes place, and only added to the fleet that steals them once combat is over.

Now lets look back to the example I gave earlier, using the method I gave earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Defence has 10k mara, attack has 20k mara, mara fires at 110% eff.

1 Steal ships fire
10k defending mara -> kills 11k attacking mara
20k attacking mara -> kills 10k defending mara (This is where the efficiency issue comes into play)

2 Subtract ships killed by enemy fire
Defence has 0k mara, attack has 9k mara.

3 Add ships stolen
Defence has 11k mara, attack has 19k mara

4 Subtract ships lost during stealing
Defence has 1k mara, attack has 9k mara
Count how many ships each side loses in total.

Attack: 11k killed by enemy fire, 10k lost during stealing, makes 21k ships lost in total.
Defence: 10k killed by enemy fire, 10k lost during stealing, makes 20k lost in total.

But they don't have that many ships to lose in the first place.

This is a problem.

The only way of solving this problem (as well as the one Sun_Tzu found) that I can think of is by disallowing same init stealing altogether. I don't like this solution.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote