Thread: Remembrance
View Single Post
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 18:11   #44
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Remembrance

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
tbh most of you posting on this thread are a complete and utter disgrace to humanity.

I know some of you may be in countries that don't observe it and others of you may have concerns over current wars being fought or wars fought in the past but to show such little respect for the men and women who have been brave enough to step up to the plate and fight for their country is just disgraceful.

It shouldn't matter if you don't observe it in your country as a tradition, every country has been involved in a war at some point and people have been lost and as while remembrance day may be on the day WW1 ended its a day to remember all losses in all wars both military and civilian so its something anyone can observe. And even if you dont want to theres little reason why you cant show some respect to those who want to remember those who have fallen in war

Strangely though I'm not surprised by the response, it just highlights the problem with society today. On the whole whole it seems the younger generations today are just a bunch of disrespectful and clueless idiots who seem to think the are the centre of the universe. They forget that the freedoms they take for granted are only there because people before them have laid down their lives to gain and protect them

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Its not being forced onto anyone though, people are being invited to join us in doing so. Its not like we are asking feds to force the whole network to go silent. We are inviting others to join us in our remembrance or carry out their own. If anyone objects they simply have to not join #f-crew between 11:00 and 11:01
you most certainly are forcing it on others when you bitch and whine about them not caring about your request/proposal, and when they resist you insult them. People have the right to "remember" or not, just because while sitting on your morale high ground you can't see past your own nose, and beliefs, doesn't mean your right and others are wrong.

As for American Soldiers that have fought for their countries beliefs (and soldiers of other military's) , they do so, for the right of the citizens of their country to worship, observe, and remember what they want to, when they want to. You seem to have lost track of that fact. I have fought in conflicts for my country, been injured, and luckily survived. I expect nothing from anyone, as far as a pat on the back, rememberence, a thumbs up, or anything else. I made my choice to be a part of it, I certainly wasn't looking for a ticker tape parade by doing so. For you to call people an "utter disgrace to humanity" is not only completely ignorant, it's rediculous when in fact it's the people who act just like you that turn people off from such a display.

If you wish to remember those who have lost their lives in war, your free to do so, when you whine bitch moan and complain when others tell you to piss off, you should do just that, piss off... who the hell do you think you are