View Single Post
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 18:40   #47
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Birmingham Riots

Quote:
you see picture it like this

1960 you move to Aston
1970 you have a job, relative decent income and house
1980 you are doing ok, it can get better
1990 pakistani families move into your area
2000 you are unemployed, no money, the areas a shithole

etc etc,
Birmingham has always been a shit hole, im not sure what the correlation is between the pakis moving in and the path of your life. Your employment is probably outside the immediate area, what exactly have those damned pakis done? kill your boss and burn down your place of employment?

Quote:
the problem is that this area isnt diverse so to speak, its full of african carribeans and pakistanis, thats not really diverse now is it. Diverse areas in my opinion would be say Handsworth where although majoirty indian, its pakistani, african carribean, chinese, vietnamese, white, afghan, all living together
If you speak to the pakis do they respond? The implication in the thread has been of 'insular, cunning, wealthy business owning' scumbags etc. I agree with dante that widespread comparisons with the past serve no purpose, but i still take what yahwe says, the prejudices held by some in this thread could easily be transplanted onto anti-semitism of the past.

The insular pakistanis are bringing down the area and causing unemployment by owning the businesses becoming wealthy and moving in. Does that actually make any sense to anyone?