View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 10:20   #32
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: Drastically lower alliance tag limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Where is this deluded notion that smaller tag limits results in more competition for #1 coming from? It's not true at all, and I'll point you towards round 16 once again. There were loads of alliances with 60 members, yet it was only 1up and ND fighting for the #1 rank before Asc tagged up. It clearly doesn't increase competition. The rounds we've had most competition for #1 rank are 15 and 30, with 4 alliances in it until close to the end. I can't remember the ally limits in round 15, but they were 100 last round.

Well first, by drastically lowering i'd bring'm down further then 60. 40-50 seems more to what i'd aim for.

And idd, not all alliances will be up to the standard to aim for #1 rank. But there will be more then 1.

Planetarion just does not have enough players to play with 90+ member alliances. Last round asc was the only one that finished with 100 members.

Look i'm not saying it's asc's fault that they are the only alliance that can fill up their tag. They are the best and have earned that. But it's a sad given no other ally will be able to put up a fight vs those 100 ASC.

maybe if limits are lower, some alliances would actually put in the effort to at least try