View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 21:20   #14
Centronic

Centronic has a spectacular aura aboutCentronic has a spectacular aura about
Re: Drastically lower alliance tag limit

The playerbase in pa is way to small for alliance limits around 80-100.

I think and hope that a reducement in alliance limits would make Planetarion a more dynamic and exciting to play. Its actually hard to find alot of arguments against lower alliance limits.

You could always say that;

There will always be some form elite alliance, ruling everyone else.
Yeah, ofc there will be, but it would be far easier to take down such a alliance with more alliances around. Gangbangs etc.
But then again, blocks might form. But thats just politics.
Still be easier to take down number one alliances compared to rounds like this with few very good huge alliances.

But there is not enough good leadership around to make these alliances work.
In this case im pretty sure other people will show themselfs worthy of running a alliance. And with less people it should be easier to control aswell, and a better community inside the alliance. Thus making the quality of the members inside a alliance higher.

The main issue as I see it is the alliance tools inside the game. This is utterly crap, and completely useless. When people cant use these tools properly they tend to look elsewhere. Like outside alliances pages, defbots, attackbots, etc.
The resource usage for small alliances would not be worthwhile putting up. Atleast I would think twice about getting something up becouse of all the hassle around it.
Centronic is offline   Reply With Quote