View Single Post
Unread 9 Sep 2008, 15:51   #16
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: I'm in need of an adventure; what's your idea of an adventure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz View Post
so have you found anything yet?
No, I haven't looked at your links yet, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson View Post
To me, I would say the best adventure I could conceive would be similar to what they do in the show you mentioned but to spend as little as possible and to start with even less.
Of course, this would likely require you to gain certain skills either along the way or in preparation (hunting, sailing, mechanics, etc.) but to me, that would only enrich the experience of it. As for the danger, yeah, something might happen to you, but what is the point if there is no risk?
... this makes me think the motorcycle thing is still a cool idea.

I absolutely agree with the idea that the "learning skills as we go" thing adds to the adventure, but it's hard to ignore the risk involved...
... damn, I've been living this comfortable and (falsely) secure life for too long.

[edit]It just hit me... a 4x4 truck/car would also be very cool... less vulnerable on the road at least... but more stuff that can break and may be more difficult to fix on the spot without proper knowledge.[/edit]

Last edited by Structural Integrity; 9 Sep 2008 at 16:28.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote