View Single Post
Unread 2 Sep 2008, 06:45   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: I'm in need of an adventure; what's your idea of an adventure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
You could do a TEFL* course in Japan. You earn about the same amount as a teacher in inner london but the accommodation and bills are free, so people often manage to save up money that then allows them to do a bit of travelling.

A TEFL qualification is about £800 I think, but I could be wrong. KaneED did one a couple of years ago.

*Teaching English as a Foreign Language
I believe this suggestion (or something along the lines of it) was posted back in the days when I was acquiring information on Japanese studies. Although it wasn't referred to as "TEFL".
The problem is that I am not a native speaker of the English language, and although at times I may sound to speak it relatively fluent (or so they say), I'm hardly ever fluent AND correct when speaking English.

For the future this may be an option which I will try to keep in mind, but for now I don't think it's a viable option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm not going to tell you mine, you'll steal it.
That's the whole point of this thread! You tell me your adventure, I do it, come back and tell you about it in detail so you don't have to go anymore.

No seriously, this thread is meant to be a source of inspiration, not to copy ones idea blatantly and to put it back in their face after it's done.
I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of ideas for adventures though.