Thread: Your Life
View Single Post
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 01:10   #29
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your Life

Will add my 2 cents then. I generally don't talk too much about my own situation, but well, what the hell. I'm a 21 year old student.

Employment and Location
I'm not employed, I'm living off of my student loan. As I still live at home, that is not a very big problem for the near future. However, I do want to move out to Amsterdam at some point, as I just want to be on my own, and able to do whatever and not have to go home each night or find a place to stay over. The only issue with that is that it's hard to find a room in Amsterdam, I would have a relatively small budget each month even with a job, as I'd be getting very little money from family and/or parents, and considering I have to finance my study myself as well, it'd mean that I'd have very little to no money to spend on going out or clothes and all that. Additionally I don't know what kind of legal and tax issues there are to a home owner renting and living somewhere else.

What happens after university is a whole different ballgame though, one I don't really want to think about too much yet. Obviously I'm going to have to find a job, but with an education that offers fairly little practical experience, that's going to be difficult enough in it's own right. I'll probably end up doing a variety of things I don't really like for a while before settling in somewhere.

Student Life
Little complaints here, going fairly on schedule, although I always start revising for exams too late, and writing reports too late. If all goes as planned, I should be able to use the half year after summer to finish my Bachelor's, and then do a Master's next year. I do need to take a more active role in managing my student affairs, though.

Social Life
No complaining from me here. I generally hang out with a mate during the weekends, watching movies, going for a drink, or just taking long walks. I regularly see a lot of uni friends outside of uni hours for cards, movies, drinking and all that sort of thing. It'd be great to live closer to friends though, as I only really have one where I live.

Love life
A fairly short one. Never had any, don't have one now. There's a girl I'm quite interested in, and I've asked her out before - she seemed up for it, but could only make it that week when we were going out with a bunch of people, and then I didn't see much of her on the evening at all. It's really confusing because she's thrown enough hints around, but at the same time there seems to be little actual interest from her side. So I figure she can do what she wants, I'm not going to walk after her like a pet dog.

Money
Building up a nice student debt that I'm going to have to pay off somehow once I'm done. I'm not too worried, as the student thing that hands out money has fairly relaxed rules for paying back, and I do expect to find at least some half-decent job somewhere. Fortunately, God (whom I don't believe in) knows where!