Thread: Some facts.
View Single Post
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 10:46   #67
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some facts.

The date the channel was made might be a decent indication, iirc I was still playing R15 at the time. That came some weeks after the concept (Jester/Rob/JBG/Lokken etc have explained on numerous occasions) was discussed though. I haven't been able to see much of reinVENted but I'm content to say the friends I do have in there seem to be enjoying themselves a lot more than in previous rounds. This more community-based model for an alliance certainly does have some merit.

As has been explained endlessly, absolutely endlessly, the stats haven't defined the round. Such an alliance, (with enough members relative to the upper limit) would have been successful in both R13 and R15. The balance of politics, the shift of a rather large number of players to a more individually centred style of play and the implications of a non-fatigued group of players attacking offensively have been much more influential. The stats are largely irrelevant. The only 'hole' to speak of is that both DE & BS can be landed (suicidally) on a Zik at the start of the game (or a Zik with an offensively orientated fleet later on). Many Ters on this forum, Rob for example have found this less sustainable, less useful than attacking Xans for example. As for the supposed over-powering of Battleships (with reference to armour and the fact that they can hit all the ships that harm them) that's comical really. The playing style that seems to be disliked doesn't involve smashing the defending ships (Also black widows are Frigates)

My battery's dead now, so I'll leave it at half a post \o/ Most of the above has been reiterated but time and time again, not absorbed by many though :\