View Single Post
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 18:25   #103
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OiNK closed down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Why did they lower their prices, do you think...? :economics:
The lowering of album prices had been going on for some years before that. I bought The Holy Bible in 1999 (which was around the time of the launch of Napster, but I doubt the music industry was preemptively responding to something it obviously hadn't considered) for the princely sum of £7.99, RRP. Outlets like Amazon will also have contributed to a lowering in prices, independent of the effect of downloading music.

Quote:
What does TOTP have to do with it? MTV etc are still going strong, and they only show/play singles.
A lot of the music on the channels you go on to quote are no longer available as shop-bought singles, especially VH1 Classic.

Quote:
What do they want? Free access to music? The simple facts are that it costs money to make music - by CDs, studio time, equipment, marketing, wages, etc. It can't be completely free. There needs to be a compromise where a nominal amount is paid for music to keep artists creating it - getting it completely free goes against this.
If only someone had made a list of services oink provided that weren't supplied by regular outlets, although obviously preferrably that list should be made out of things I had said so it's not like I'm plucking things out of the aether.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote