Thread: Starcraft 2
View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2010, 13:23   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Starcraft 2

Ohh, but I have no doubt about the quality they will deliver. Blizzard has very rarely let me down (Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, ... all top games imo, including all sequals). On the other hand, having played 3years of Wow (quite intensively, clearing all andgame content), I've also experienced some less positive things from Blizzard.

When I meant more playable races, I didn't mean more then the 3 known ones. SC enabled you to play all 3 races (be it not in the order you prefer or want). BW was a nice expansion, providing extra campaigns and so on. But it did not offer any major changes to the game. And you're right, it shouldn't be a "new" game.

But with SC, you get like >20 awesome Terran campaigns. Ok, that's all nice etc. The expansion however WILL include alot major changes, like a completely "new" race to play with.

Also, what are the goals of such campaigns? To gradually get to know the race and all it's upgrades and end content. So over the course of e.g. 10 campaigns, they'll slowely give you more and more options until you see the full range of skills and structures of that race. That and the occasional "special" mission for fun factor.

Now, Only Terran campaign is available to play with. Yet all 3 races can be played with in multiplayer. Hence you'll get to experience all endgame content of Protoss and Zerg aswell, while the campaigns for it are not released yet.

I find it abit odd that you finally get those in a later expansion, while you already could play them in multiplayer mode.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote