Thread: Starcraft 2
View Single Post
Unread 5 May 2010, 13:14   #8
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Starcraft 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
I've played it quite alot of times and I used to play SC I plenty of times aswell back in the days. Please do tell me how it is so much different?

- Still the same 3 races
- Still the same 2 minerals to gather
- Still the same basic units (ok, each race has several new units)
- Still the same upgrade of unit defence, attack and buildings
- Still the same race specific tech like:
  • Terran still need to put marines in their bunkers
  • Proton still need to put those power crystals everywhere to power their buildings
  • Zerg still has to build in close approximity of their base, on specific soil.
It just looks alot better and the races have some new units and upgrades.

Rgds Kj
The game is a lot less micro-intensive due to bigger control groups, stacking commands, etc. Also, 2 gas at every base in the new maps have changed the gas dynamic a lot. Zerg queens means they have to exp a lot less than they used to. High ground advantage is nearly gone, especially late-game. Also, all races seem to have more mobile units than they used to, except zerg. They also lost their strongest defensive unit in the lurker. A lot has changed, atleast concerning competitive gameplay.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote