View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 19:42   #19
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about
Re: Oh that wacky Pope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-CuRa
how about "religion is the main cause of problems"?
Christians have in the past been as guilty of such extremism as is Osama Bin Laden and his fanatical followers. Atheistic Marxism, Communism and Nazism are secular ideologies that are also clearly guilty of extremism in the process of pursuing their agendas.

I had a quick read of the article The Pope Stressing that they were not his own words; he quoted Emperor Manuel II Paleologos of the Byzantine Empire.

Not sure what he is trying to do, but I think he is just trying to be too clever for his own good. Does anyone know who the emperor was? and what context the comments where made?

I hope this does not lead to what happened regarding the Muslim cartoons, with them threatening people and burning down embassies if they don't get apology.

But I am more concerned with the comments made about the "west" Those are far worse.

In the UK we seem to have one of the most negative media's in the world.

We get quite a few programs to increase our understanding of "the real Islam"
But it be nice to see some similar programs and expos about ohter religions and the west. I wonder if they have those programs elsewhere like say in Indonesia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Is it worth pointing out that the current generation is not responsible for that?
Or do you believe you can inherit sins?

I do know where people are suffering right now

My mother is from Indonesia, it's a former Dutch colony
And I’ve heard and read about how military ships burn Christian villages down on those islands
Whenever theirs a conflict between Christians and Muslims
And you barely hear anything about that
That's shocking alessio, but in the UK we only get news about the UK, USA, Iraq and Afghanistan I've not heard of these ohter mystical places. The only way we can find out about ohter things is by the web and documentaries.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote