View Single Post
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 09:56   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Molecule dispersion question

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
How did the molecule get from Italy to Arizona? Let's all inhale deeply and inhale a molecule from Ceaser's dying breath. Infact let's all inhale deeply and inhale a molecule from the last breath of anyone who ever lived and died. No, it doesn't make sense to me. Sorry. Even with those large numbers.
if you actually work the numbers out, it makes a reasonable amount of sense, because the numbers are vast. 55,000 molecules per breath constitutes some 10^-20th of a percent of every breath. which is a very tiddly little number. somewhere along the lines of the percentage of the earth that a family car weighs.

of course, the getting from italy to arizona bit might seem a problem, but look at how much the winds move. in the UK we regularly get wind coming in from siberia over winter. you can tell because it is damned cold. if you've seen hurricanes, you should appreciate how much wind those things shift around. so getting from italy to arizona isn't as difficult as one might imagine, though I would expect there will be differences in concentrations of caesar's dying breath with latitude because of the trade winds and such.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote