View Single Post
Unread 6 Oct 2014, 09:15   #270
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough
Re: Stats - Round 59 and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Anyone here believe we could make one set of stats over a few rounds that are balanced enough you could go any class. Then run them for a few more rounds. Politics would change. If all 6 are balanced... games like starcraft,warcraft etc are basically just stats but, were played for years once fully balanced...
They would have to be a big set. It would be something a bunch of people would have to work together on.
I think a solid attempt could be made to make a decent set and then refine them after every round. After all, games like Starcraft go through so many beta test hours that a single beta PA round (or even a single full round) might not be enough to truly be able to balance the stats. Not even talking about the half-assed beta testing we normally do :P

There was some talk about using last rounds stats for such a purpose, but there's also a few rounds stats that keep coming up (I think 34? from the top of my head) as examples of a good set.

Unless you're talking about migrating to a set with 3 or more pod classes per race for the sake of... more options with the same race in a new round?