View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 10:13   #77
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 654,965 Dead Iraqis Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Ah i see so your exit strategy would be based on going in blasting them with good fortune and leaving before any insurgency develops?
I congratulate you on your seeming ability to forget the start of a sentence you're reading by the time you finish it. It would prove useful were you ever to go into politics.

Quote:
When iraq was invented by us the people living there didn't have much in common, we magiced up a monarchy, the flag etc etc and voila some abstract aura making later people who had no tangible link feel connected.
They feel connected so much that subdivisions are fighting eachother and vying for independence. Just like Yugoslavia is a happy, united country, right?

Quote:
We weren't nazis.
Again this comparison, I don't see how it's relevent in any way, and actually hurts your case (as per Verm's examples earlier).

We weren't Gauls either. Or Babylonians. Or proponents of the German Green Party. Or any of the other political organisations which existed.

Stop referring to the nazis, for the love of god.

Quote:
We did worse 60 years before that act was passed, resistance to british rule wasn't a 20th century invention, nor was significant resistance a novel concept.
We did worse before, and India rebelled before. You seem to think that the physical conflicts arise out of thin air, not out of, say, religious or political conflicts.

Quote:
The divergence of the occupation with the occupier is an inevitable act of invasion, you can argue about when and why it will occur (as above) to me it is besides the point as its always destined to fail.
Well, in the case of the significant Indian rebellions (the Indian Mutiny, which lead to the downfall of the East India Company and the resistance which took place in the 20th century, with that Ghandi fellow) they pretty much directly followed a decision from on high which showed that the leader at the time didn't care about the populace. Certainly in the former case there were many opponents of his policy with regard to the "main" issue (the use of fat in ammunition casings) which implies that the only reason it was "destined to happen" was that we were being "nasty" to the populace.

This makes your position "They won't rebel if you're nice to them, until you're nasty to them" which is so similar to mine, and so banal, I'm not quite sure why you're proposing it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote