View Single Post
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 01:31   #85
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Annoying election process begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I believe the chap after bush's core voters has even distanced himself from bush...
Just because people distance themselves from you or just because your policies are unpopular does not mean you are wrong. You of all people I would think would be aware of this.

Quote:
I do, darling honestly i do, find it ever so curious how americans only allow themselves opinions during elections. Is this perhaps why you have them so often? it's a serious question as every 4 years seems a bit too often to me - perhaps you secretly agree and this is why most modern presidents get 2 terms?
Americans are over flowing with opinions. That is why we have opinion polls almost daily in the papers about this and that. The president's popularity, whether congress is doing a good job, the support for the war, you name it there is a poll taken about it and while the amount of no opinions is often hight it never reaches 50%. The sad thing is that there has been a growing trend toward taking a poll before the political leadership is willing to commit to any position. Once having taken a position then if the polls shift then the commitment begins to shift as well. Not exactly leadership. One of the things I have always liked about Bush is that he frequently takes stands because he believes them to be correct even if the polls tell him that the stand is costing him popularity.

Quote:
yet OUTSIDE of elections you all defend the president to the hilt - from even the slightest of criticism.
There is a strong strain of "My country right or wrong" in the collective American character. Loyalty is much prized.

However, someone portraying the leader of our country as an idiot is not "the slightest criticism."

This is most curious. Divine right of kingship?[/quote]