View Single Post
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 14:24   #84
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
Re: Should SKs be changed for R32?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebos View Post
I do love how people have suddenly arrived at the decision just because there is a fi SK that everyone in the game is going to build them, that would imply that the same people would all jump of a cliff if the option was there to do so, not because they were all suicidal but because there was the option to.

OK my analogy might have been a little harsh but you get the picture, its a concious decision to build SKs no matter what class they are the fact they have lower armour etc than most other ships surly means that they will be actually useless when there is defence around and actually cost u value to land. ( i believe JBG pointed this out earlier). To take another analogy we did not see the USA choose not to use the latest military technology in iraq just because the iraqi people didn't have it advocating the removal of the fi SK is pretty much saying "Oh no i am gonna take a bit more losses if i fail to get defence, this game is unfair!!" however i suspect the moment an SK fleet lands on your planet you will not hesitate to return the favour.

PA is a war game for christs sake enough of the "arrrrgh im gonna lose some of my precious stuff lets change it so i don't" bullshit if you wanted to play roidswap and roidrace then i suggest that you do so, but the large majority of players want to play PA because it is a war game in war u expect to have loses etc so why not here?

The point is SKs always are and always will be a conscious decision by the player just because they are there does not automatically mean everyone will build them. Any other ship that was less effective would be dropped so since the SK has obvious weaknesses and it really does add nothing to a pure roiding fleet i really fail to see the problem?
Yes PA is a war game that 200 (sometimes including me) or so players take very seriously and the majority play for fun.

We need reasons to keep players not reasons for players to leave.

FACT = fi SK will lead to more SK in round 32 and this will lead to more SK in attack fleets.
With possibly more Xans next round this will mean MORE SK than ever before which will lead to many of the players that play for fun being hit.
Which aint FUN.

More players will leave if this decision is passed
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote