View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 21:14   #63
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: New Portal & Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
I understand the problem with the image, and I am up for changing it as I appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure what the problem is with the actual colours and boxes though.
Grey on grey. Grey on blue. White on grey. Nearly all pages feel like they're using the same colours, apart from headers which are bold and links which are blue.

Use a colour contrast checker, although it's described as a tool for people who aren't able to view sites properly, it can help to show why your choice of colours sucks rather badly. If the colour and brightness difference isn't big enough then it isn't exactly a pleasure for people with perfectly normal eyesight to read.

Get someone to redesign/improve it instead of dismissing the opinions here (which are mostly disappointed). I'm sure the basic layout could stay along the same lines, but the rest of the skin needs work.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote