View Single Post
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 20:36   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"TK in the Park": Logistics

Hello friends! The day is almost upon us!

Here are the logistics for you all. God, I love logistics.

Date: Saturday 14th July
Time: 1pm - TBA

How to get there: It should be obvious from the tube map, as it's very central. There are also three large tube lines going through it. If (heaven forbid) these three should be down, you have the option of going to Bond Street, Oxford Street, Piccadilly or Victoria Station and walking. It's about a 5-10 minute walk. The links will send you Google Maps, with the directions there. Print them. You have no excuses!

Where to Meet: If you exit Green Park underground stop, you will see the park stretching out, with her Majesty's residence in the distance. Cross the road. You should see some people selling paintings and knick-knacks on the right. You should see FOUR red phoneboxes on your left. The official meeting place(TM) is in between the two pairs of phoneboxes. They're easy to see. Be there for 1pm.

The "A" Plan (good weather)
13:00 - I anticipate latecomers, so we will hang around by the station and peruse the wares of the sellers there for 15-30 minutes.
13:30 - We find a nice spot in the park to rest. It should be near the trees so we can go in the shade if needed (plus god forbid Dante get a tan!), yet also be in the sun - a nice day is hoped for.
14:00 - After having established our area, some of us will go to the nearby supermarkets for food/drinks. There is an M&S right next to Green Park station, and a Sainsbury's a little further up the road (towards Bond St). People can either give us money and we will fetch things, or come with us.
14:30 - We return with food and drink, and frolic in the park.
~20:00 - We pack away the debris from the picnic and drinking, and put it in the bins. We then walk towards Soho (about 5-10 mins walk).
~20:30 - We find a decent bar/pub that accommodates everyone's needs. The night then takes us onwards and upwards. We may stay at that bar. We may move on. People may leave. People may join us. I simply don't know! You can't plan this kind of thing!

The "B" Plan (bad weather)
13:00 - I anticipate latecomers, so we will hang around by the station and peruse the wares of the sellers there for 15-30 minutes.
13:30 - We get into the tube station and head up to Piccadilly Circus on the Piccadilly line.
14:00 - We find the nearest pub/quiet bar and round up troops. A food establishment will need to be located for lunch, but there are plenty around Soho. The rest of the day will depend on the pubs/bars we go to. It may be a crawl, or we may spend the majority of the time in one place, if we especially like it.

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE ARE DOING PLAN A OR PLAN B, THE MEETING PLACE IS THE SAME.

What I need from you!
1. Check you have my mobile number (or the number of someone else who is coming who will probably have their phone on - Minty, Yahwe, furball, Deepflow are good choices). If you don't, then PM me and get it! I've cleared out my inbox here. The number ends in 729, if you're unsure if you have my current one.
2. I'm going to bring a small rucksack thing with a couple of things in. I'm going to try and buy a picnic blanket, and will bring some plastic cups and napkins (what? I'm civilised!). If you want plates or knives/forks etc, then you'll need to bring them.
3. I'm not going to be bringing a frisbee/football/cricket bat or any other sporting paraphanelia. It'd be cool to play a bit of frisbee or rounders though, if people are up for it. If someone could volunteer to bring it, that'd be cool. I'll keep a record of who's bringing what in this thread.
4. The basic plan is picnic in the afternoon, bars in the evening. Personally, I intend to bring a change of clothes, even if it's just a shirt. Whether you do too is up to you, but I thought I'd mention it!

Things people have volunteered to bring:
Picnic Blanket - TomKat (if he can find/buy one)
Plastic cups - TomKat
Frisbee - furball
Dartboard with picture of Deffeh attached - TomKat

List of people coming can be found in this thread.

See you all on the 14th!

Last edited by Tomkat; 10 Jul 2007 at 18:31.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote