View Single Post
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 17:30   #16
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Amateur Philosophy, please criticise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
on the other hand you try to show no feelings/love (or in other words, you try to ignore) towards your children
Who the hell tries not to show their kids that they love them?!!

The psychological growth of a child is basically linked to fundamental concepts that all young posess i.e. id, they need attention, help, feeding and care in order to become full formed.
Hence a baby has no concept of anything but their own needs. They garner the sence of others, empathy etc. as they progress towards adulthood.
These concepts are then prevelent when they are then able to breed and have young in order for them to nurture, care, feed and look after the next generation.

Children are not born 'evil', they have no concepts of anything but what their minds are able to formulate.

If you neglect a child, not show it love, not care for it...then you will, no dount, damage them psychologicaly. It's a physical and psychological need they have for love and attention. If you deny anyone their needs (not just their wants) then it will affect them greatly.

Saying that neglecting a child shows that it is inherantly evil is nonsence.