View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2007, 16:41   #39
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Evolution of religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
well i have no money. but this isn't really important because i still wouldn't donate any money even if i had several thousand pounds. the reason why is that it wouldn't change anything. i'm not interested in engaging in such actions out of principle. if in a hypothetical situation i had millions then yes i would donate.*
I'm even more confused now, then why take issue with others who either do donate or are forced to donate but wish to have a say on where the money goes?

Quote:
by religion do you mean any and all irrational belief in the supernatural or just institutions such as the church and muslim coucil of britain?
I was hoping you could tell me (i'm trying to understand which bits you have a problem with). Would you feel less repressed if the MCB didn't exist? Why? What do they do to you? Obviously they try and lobby for their point of view but thats hardly different to any other organisation; religious, political or commercial

Quote:
so you accept any and all action by the government as long as they have the majority backing? i've got godwin in my pocket right now milo
'I won't deny that if a form of tyranny tried to impose itself on me id object, and of course in that circumstance id 'fight' whatever facism there was.'

I wouldn't support a facist party, but again its curious why you'd bring up such an extreme. Do you think there is an analogy between the nazis winning elections and a religious organisation threatening you?

I'm trying to understand where this (very irrational in my opinion) fear of religion is coming from. As far as i can see the debates about theology have been won generations ago, there are no religious parties in existence that are remotely likely to come to power. To me its as absurd as worrying about a reemergence of Communism. Its just a very irrational fear from people supposedly basing their arguments on rationality.

Thats why i asked the question about what you'd do in an anarchist type scenario where they didn't harm you. I'll be honest, im trying to understand if its about an underlying bigotry (im not seeking to judge you about your opinions, only clarify them)

Last edited by milo; 9 Mar 2007 at 16:53.
milo is offline   Reply With Quote