View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 18:55   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Evolution of religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
I'm unsure what your point is or where this came from since i was evidently referring to Dawkins in that passage, but yeah id say that the statement 'people aren't accepting this and don't listen to us' is a pretty obvious failure to convert.
Dawkins doesn't exist in a vacuum. If everyone accepted the scientific method by less extreme forms of argument, then he would not do what he does.

Quote:
Again im unsure where this has come from since i've never questioned the scientific method, that has nothing to do with my argument.
It's a statement in general, not really directed at you. It does follow from what I said about Dawkins though.

Quote:
i just don't care whether anyone else accepts it or not as long as they leave me alone (which they do).

Why should i care? I have an anarchist pov on this. Their life their choice, its no different to me than someone preaching against drug use because it harms people.
Gordon Brown doesn't come round my house and drink my milk, but his actions do affect me (for example). Whilst you may simply want to be left alone, it is shortsighted to suggest that your wellbeing is entirely independent of the actions of others.

Quote:
I never said war!!! Religious violence against scientists hasn't been an issue in...centuries surely?
Well, it may not have been actively going on in the last few weeks or months, it might have suddenly stopped for some reason. I meant exactly what I said, and there is a significant amount independent of the animal rights terrorists.

Quote:
I have no idea what nuclear weapons has to do with any of this, assuming you're vaguely bringing in al-queda, i'd say that geo-political factors have a much greater role in the support for AQ than religion.
The point is that hippy-types have historically opposed violent solutions to pretty much anything, which you have stated support for here as opposed to the
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote