View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 13:07   #17
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Evolution of religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
to better your life, to further society... ? isn't this how scientific advancements are made, through scientists debating and convincing others of their theories etc etc.
I'd pretty much kill myself right now if i thought my life could be bettered by converting people to my way of thinking, infact id kill them aswell. I think it was Dante who said GD would be boring if everyone agreed and i hold the same view for life. I'lll listen to what someone else says, ill put my point across, after that why worry?

Quote:
there would be plenty of differences. one might be that you'd allow someone who held an abnormal religious belief to live/vote in a liberal democracy as opposed to in a country under sharia law where you'd just y'know, get stoned to death.

Yeah but to be honest i kinda appreciate the stoning, its a clear unambigious process of 'ill kill you for disagreeing' the alternative is the kind of preacy non-violent unrelenting crap you get from people with nothing better to do.

I'd much rather shake the hands of the mad mullah and headbutt a stone than spend my life answering the door to jehovas witnesses. At least with the former you keep your sanity.