View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2013, 23:36   #38
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Powerabuse by a former HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm a little confused actually. Kargool had the P access to do the things he did, none of which broke the netgamers eula. So what business is that of cservice? If I use my 500/499/498 access to remove everyone from in my galchan, will cservice step in there too if some random 24 access peon doesn't like it?

Or are alliance channels somehow special?
Alliance channels can be registered under an alliance bot nick. This nick can then be accessed by a number of people who 'represent' the alliance in the eyes of Cservice. In this case this were Rexdrax and notsure. I was mistaken in the fact i was one of these ppl too, from my function as an alliance representative. However, CService procedure says this nick allways remains in control of the current alliance hc's so at first we gained access to it(rightfully according to their procedures).

At a later moment we lost our access and i wrote this message. At that time i was convinced the alliance nick registration was a service that PATeam had something to do with, obviously realising that CSC were the main point of contact. But considering we allready had gained access(and requested removal of notsure to prevent this hostile takeover) to it earlier (through CSC), i assumed that PATeam(Ace) had stepped in and reversed CSC decision. I based this assumption on the fact notsure told me CSC had to consult with Ace before she regained her access (and Rexdrax lost his). Therefor i 'blamed' PATeam, especially Kargool (a multihunter and therefor a representative of the PATeam, be it in a limited capacity) and Ace.

At the point i 'aired' this the issue had allready been going on for 10 days, and we had been assured (by making sure we had access to the tagname, and to the alliance bot) that the hostile takeover could not happen. Therefor Rexdrax and Clouds went on to prepare for r52 just like normal. If we had known the hostile takeover could happen anyhow we would have prepared to play with another tag and another infrastructure, and informed our members and our community of this change.
Rexdrax had given Kargool ample opportunity to talk to him when Kargool cooled down, to which Kargool didn't respond, notsure was inactive at the time (not logged in for 61 days, and her nick was prone to manual deletion), so there seemed to be no reason for us to further worry about the issue, considering we were assured we had all the access we needed. At no point in time was Rexdrax contacted that someone disputed his access to both the tagname and the alliance nick (apart from heated threats Kargool made when he removed our access from our public channel).

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote