View Single Post
Unread 14 Jun 2009, 03:53   #22
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Hey Look This Was Me! Round 31

TRYING REAL HARD of TO WIN LAST PLACE (11:7:12) Xan

Size: 12 (1688)
Value: 2,490 (1690)
Score: 2,490 (1690)
XP: 0 (1690)

Ships (0 Total)

This round was probably the best round of Planetarion I have ever played. I came dead last and didn't build a single ship or construction all round. It was ****ing great.

I signed up late and was 'gifted' 75 asteroids as part of the late start bonus. This put me miles ahead of my nearest competition, "janesb", who had zero asteroids and, as far as I can tell, didn't log in once all round. He is an inspiration to us all.

To beat him at coming last I recruited 5k or so guards to cancel out my res gain with wages. But that wasn't enough. Even if I fired all the guards my score would still have been higher than janseb. My only chance, I thought, was to get him deleted for inactivity, so I sent about eight or nine support tickets to that effect. PA team helpfully replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Our response:
The deletion process is done by the game process and not by the admin.

Your request has been dealt with, stop sending the same repeated request, if you do not like it then visit #support.
So I did, and after a whole lot of waffle from Judge about "automated processes", Appoco informed me that paid planets were never deleted for inactivity but 'of course' he couldn't confirm or deny that janesb was a paid planet.

So after all that I thought: **** the lot of them, I'll do this my way. With two days to go I fired all my guards and had Zaejii help by covoping the living shit out of my planet. We got it down to 12, a heroic effort for which I am eternally grateful. By the last tick I'd thrown away nearly all of my value, and finished more than 20,000 points behind my nearest rival.

I'd like to say it was a team effort, but Ascendancy were no ****ing help at all. Not once did they ever defend me, attack with me, or provide me with scans. ****ing useless the lot of them <3

Last edited by Cooling; 14 Jun 2009 at 04:00.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote