View Single Post
Unread 10 Jan 2008, 13:03   #36
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Computer Network Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'd personally avoid wireless if it's possible.

Not because they'll irradiate your genitalia and lead to your children having the power to-do-anything-a-spider-can, but they just seem to have more problems. Yes, I am aware of wireless connections that never go wrong, but overall there is more scope for connectivity issues which entry level users find difficult to fix. Equipment is no doubt miles better these days, but when I get asked these sorts of questions by colleagues I tend to give them a bit of RJ45 cable. If nothing else, if a cable is five metres long people tend to realise their connection range is about 5m. With wireless connections, people expect them to work between any two points even when said points are several miles apart and divided by lead shielded concrete barriers.
I'm working with a customer that expects exactly that.

Different technology, same dumb attitude

"You said it would work with these units within a mile of the basestation"
"Yes, but we're in the cellar"
"So? We're only half a mile away"
"In a lead-lined coffin?"
"Switched off?"
"**** you"

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote