View Single Post
Unread 9 Jan 2008, 05:14   #31
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Computer Network Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
From looking at the Discovery site and how the Mythbusters tried it, I'm not surprised it didn't work.

Satellites work on receiving energy at tiny levels, which is why you don't need a high power source to get a link with one (Iridium, anyone?) and why the dishes on a truck don't emit anything like the power you'll see on a real radar system.
I'm not that surprised either with most of the tests they did, but one did involve attaching it to the big spinning radar antenna on a navel vessel. I can only assume it is not dissimular to the one you were using.