View Single Post
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 15:44   #417
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Re: Masters of Andromeda II (New Horizons - The Dawn of a New Era)

"Sir, the Akatsuki is taking light fire, the Ariake reports no damage. All fighters are accounted for." the Coms Officer was now giving most reports automatically. After all, she'd been trained for the position for at least six years, with Clan youngsters wishing to enter the military being forwarded to special military schools for their secondary schooling; and six years of training had drilled into her exactly what she was supposed to be doing in battle. The same was true for the rest of the crew as well.

"Confirmed, Coms, keep me up to speed on any developements with our three ships or with the Striker Draconis." answered the Shosha. No Dachi was currently on a high; he was in his element. The son of a hundred generations of proud warriors finally taking up the mantle of those ancestors, and it felt good. "Science, how are we holding up?" he asked, turning to the Science Officer over to the right of his command chair.

"Shields on all fore sections are down to 70%, sheilds on the port and starboard sides are down to 80%, sir." the Science Officer was earning himself more and more plus points by the minute., No Dachi noted almost subsconsciousely. A good candidate for promotion if ever the oppurtunity arose. "I can confirm that the Ariake has taken no hits, and that the Akatsuki has suffered identical levels of damage to our own."

"Confirmed. At this rate we'll be in flames before they are. Helm, commence evasive manouevres; start circling around the Frjgate a bit, but keep us in a position whereby we'll be able to fire on their fore sections," No Dachi ordered, now turning in his chair to look directly at the Helmsman at the front of the bridge.

"Aye sir, entering evasive attack pattern on their fore shield arcs." the Helmsman acknowledged the order without turning around. Almost at once, No Dachi felt a stronger sensation of movement than before. No time for space-sickness, though...

"Coms, relay that order to both of the other ships. They're Frigates so they should be able to move a lot faster than us. The Ariake is to move about as much as it can without jeapordising its missile locks, and the Akatsuki is to start moving about a lot more than it has been. I want it at full impulse and actively engaging the enemy fighters."

"Aye sir," responded the Coms Officer, multi-tasking since the incoming transmission light on her console was blinking. She quickly obtained a print out of it and handed the paper to an orderly, reading out the communicé as she did so, and at the same time entering the new orders for the Akatsuki and Ariake. "sir, we have recieved a transmission from the Striker Draconis. Lieutenant Commander PK is requesting that we assist his strike craft, sir."

"Confirmed, lukcily that suits what I had in mind for the Akatsuki. Order Shosha Ukitsu that he is to try and draw the attention of the Insectid fighters away from those of the Striker Draconis. He is to lead them around to our left where Red Squadron will join him. I want all of the fighters destroyed. Order Blue Squadron to configure their weaponry for maximum shield damage and attack the forward shields on our friga-" No Dachi was cut short by the WO.

"My Lord, I apologise for interrupting you, but we are now within Photon Torpedo range of the enemy warship," the WO was also a good man. All the bridge crew were good men (or women), the Shosha reminded himself happily.

"Very well, open fire with all weapons. Aim for the forward shield arc and throw everything you've got at it. As soon as the forward shields are down, cease fire. I want that ship in tact so we can board it. Is that understood?" No Dachi eyed the WO carefully. He'd known a good many Weapons Officer-trainees in the academy who had trouble stopping their guns short when needed. The WO of the Shikinami, however, simply nodded with a grin that contorted his scarred face into the kind of image that gave small children nightmares.

"Aye sir, I'll stop the guns short as soon as the forward shields are down."

"Excellent. Chosa Mistonagi?" he said into the com unit of the command chair.

"My men are fully assembled and ready for boarding, My Lord." came the reply from the lieutenant colonal, who was now doubtless standing in line for the armoured escape pods ready to board the enemy frigate with his men, leading form the front as was Clan tradition.

"Very well. SO, maintain constant communication with Chosa Mitsonagi. As soon as the forward shields are down and the WO has ceased fire, you are to clear the Marines for boarding. Mitsonagi, I want that ship captured with as little damage to the interior as possible. Go for the engines first to ensure that it can't escape. I think you have a better idea than I of what to do after that/"

"Indeed, My Lord, it shall be done as you have ordered...My Lord, what of the other Marines?" At this, No Dachi paused, thinking carefully. There were the other Marines to consider as well. No, better to save them for when they would be needed than to squander them on a ship with no apparent troops to defend it, and in doing so alert the entire area to the fact that he had...other...Marines.

"You may inform the Captain that his talents would be wasted on this particular frigate, and that I do not wish to waste his time with such trivial tasks," No Dachi responded. The Captain would doubtless find that amusing. He found everything amusing, especially dangerous things.

"Indeed, My Lord. Mitsonagi out."
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville